All my students should watch this. Dr. Stephen Chew is a cognitive psychologist who translates what we know about how people learn, into clear, useful information for students to help them study better. Note that this is the last presentation in a 5-part series so be sure to watch them all, and watch them more than once.
Blowing an exam happens to a lot of students at some point in their academic career. It doesn’t have to be the end of the world if you deal with it early. In this presentation, Dr. Chew explains the do’s and don’ts of what to do.
- examine how well you prepared (be honest with yourself!)
- review your examine to see what you missed
- talk with your instructor
- examine your study habits
- develop a plan (including reviewing this videos!)
- keep studying the same way
- wait until the end of the semester to seek help
- start skipping other classes and assignments to catch up
- fall further behind
- cram at the last minute
- skip assignments that are small or already late
- panic and give up
To go back to the beginning of this series, click here.